We have seen this and are very familiar with Godaddy's hosting plan and it does not include most everything you need. Hosting, Security, Maintenance & Updates are a very critical part of your websites performance and SEO plan. Godaddy treats websites like a garage, they park it and let it rot. Here is the list of things we do that Godaddy will not do for you for that program:
CI Web Group Hosting:
- You have a backup server with daily keep and hold backups (not replace)
- You have a staging server for regular maintenance and refresh
- You have a live site server
- You have a CDN – Content Delivery Network
- Your website is Secure (https://) with an SSL Certificate renewed and recertified annually
- Site search – all searches reroute to google’s preferred secure URL structure https://www.yoursite.com/
- You have a 301 Redirect (request from Domain Registrar)
- Live site set to Index and Follow (/robots.txt file)
CI Web Group Maintenance, Security and Support Plan:
- You have adequate support plan “helpdesk” for break fixes
- You have a server and site maintenance plan including
- Remove Spam Comments
- Testing Contact Forms
- Fixing Broken Links
- Manual Plugins Updates
- Take Daily Backups
- Manual WordPress Updates
- Manual Theme Updates
- Database Compressions
- WP Protection
- PHP Updates
- Server Management
- Clear Trash
- Manage Memory Limits
- Security Management
- HTTPS – SSL Security Certificate Maintenance
- Database Security
- Block Directory Access
- Monitor and Limit Suspicious Login Attempts
- Secure WP-Config Files
- Delete and Replace Plugins with Known Vulnerabilities
- Secure WP Versioning
- Disable Theme and Plugin Editor
- Block Known Brute Force Attacks
- Security Sweep
- Password Resets – High Security
- Robots.txt File Maintenance
- Sitemap Maintenance
- CDN – Content Distribution Network Maintenance
- CMS – Content Management System Maintenance
- Mobile First Compliance Maintenance
- Cross Browser Compatibility Maintenance
- Accelerated Mobile Pages Compliance Updates
- Schematic Markup Compliance Updates
- PHP Updates
- WP Updates
- Plugin Updates and Replacements
These are just a few of the things that we do....
The last time a client left to GoDaddy, their website got a virus from no maintenance and it was gone forever - GoDaddy couldn't even find a clean backup to restore. We had to start over.
Godaddy is good for Domain Names - that's about it.
We host all our sites on WPEngine and we have them managed within ManageWP and we use Cloud Flare for Content Distribution Network and we use Amazon Web Services for Backups.
We have the best solution in the industry because we learned all the hard lessons early. You would be moving from a Lincoln to a Pinto.
In fact - we couldn't manage your refreshes because they don't give you a staging server. And SEO would tank because their load times are horrible and not compliant.
It's absolutely your choice I just want to make sure its an educated decision.
We will support any choice you make... you have been a long time client and we know if you leave you will come back, so we want everything to be easy and hopefully we save you some time as well.
Tech Plan: Hosting, Maintenance and More
Stage 4: Email, Calendar and Document Management The best solution for email hosting (that includes shared calendar, document management and much more is Google Business Apps). Sign up for a free trial account here: ...
Web Design and Development Project Plan - Process Overview by Milestone
Milestone 1: Startup - Clarity, Focus and Execution Remember this - Without Clarity, You cannot Focus, Without Focus, you cannot Execute without Execution, you cannot win! Help provide clarity so we can focus on the right things and execute the ...
Website Administrator | Website Manager Plan
Getting a new website designed a developed is a project, while managing and further enhancing a website over time after the site goes live is a process that requires resources. You can absolutely manage this process in house through your content ...
Thinking about Transferring the website we built to a new provider? Use this checklist to see if they know what they are doing.
Taking over a website from another designer sounds like good deal. No need to build anything from scratch, just get the login information, check in every once in a while and write regular invoices. We see lot's of companies try and offer our clients ...
Website Refresh Plan
Refresh Plan (Insurance) Every company who is investing in digital marketing should be on a refresh plan. Essentially for a small monthly fee (starts at $100 a month) you are protected when there are major security issues, technology changes or ...